Brett and I have been pretty busy lately, but this week has been the craziest. The only night we were really able to have a nice sit at home dinner was Monday. The other nights we were running around to Provo, Salt Lake, Spanish Fork, and Payson. Maybe it is a good thing we live in Draper because it is kind of in the middle!

Every week until Thanksgiving after work I have to drive to Spanish Fork and Payson at least 3 times a week for my thesis project. I really love what I am doing for my thesis, but it is harder than I expected. I spend 2 hours in the car every time I go, and if you know me, you know that I hate driving especially with traffic. However, thankfully I have a wonderful husband. When I have to go to Spanish Fork, I pick Brett up from BYU and then he waits for me in the car until I am done at 9:00 pm, so he can drive me home. Isn't that so nice?
You are probably wondering why I put this picture of flowers on our blog. You might think that Brett was nice enough to buy me flowers! Haha! Well these flowers come with a nice story.
One of my favorite students was being naughty. Really naught! I just need to give you a background on this student. He likes to think he is Wolverine. He hates cutting his hair, shaving, and cutting his fingernails. He is super funny and cute. I tell Brett stories about him all of the time. Brett loves him, but he has never met him. Anyway, the past two weeks he has not been so cute. To make a long story short, he was getting upset with me because I wanted him to do something that he has refused to do for the past two weeks. So he pushed me into a table, twisted my arm, and punched me in the face. (This didn't happen all at the same time. I'm just making a long story short.) Don't worry, it wasn't straight in the nose. Thankfully, because I have already cracked my nose twice before. However, I do have canker sores all on the right side of my mouth and my face was a little swollen. But I definitely learned from that experience. Anyway, I still like this student. He came back to school the next day and brought me the bouquet of flowers.
One more exciting story happened today. I finally made it to make apple juice with one of my favorite people in the world. His name is Brother Pack. He was my 1st counselor in my Bishopric when I first moved out of the dorms. He took care of me when I had mono and him and his family have been super nice to me ever since. My old roommates know how much I look up to Brother Pack. I always said I would marry a man like him and I did! They both served their mission in Chili! Anyway, for the past 3 years, I have told him I would help make apple juice (he is a produce farmer) and I was never able to make it. But today, me, Brett, and Nathan were able to go. It was lots of fun, and we were able to get some really really really good apple juice! No sugar added!!! Mmmm. Here are some pictures.
I love your stories about "wolverine" but I'm sorry he hurt you! Sorry about the long drives too-- I completely understand how tiresome they can get!
ReplyDelete