A little update on our lives in North Carolina.
Brett got a job working at Prestonwood Country Club. Lately, he has been very busy. He wakes up at 5:00am to go to work. The last couple of days he has been waking up at 4:00am to get to work and he hasn't been getting home until 8 or 9 at night! His country club has a big tournament this weekend they have to prepare for. I'm having a hard time with him waking up so early because then he makes it to bed before I do, which is new to our routine! I am so proud of him for working very long hour days and waking up so early. Also, Brett has decided to go back to school in turf management. He will start schooling next year.
I have a new job as an ABA therapist for kids with Autism and I love it! I've been working lots of hours as well, but that will soon be changing. My employers only want me to be working 40 hour weeks because I will be starting classes again soon and they want me to focus on my schooling. I can't even remember the last time I only worked 40 hours in a week. I just started working less this week and I'm kind of enjoying it. I'm actually the one to clean our apartment and cook... so this is what being a wife feels like! Anyway, I'm going back to school. I just can't get enough! I am going back to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). After exams and 1000 hours of practicum, I will be done in April 2013. I have enjoyed the last couple of months without school, but I am excited to be taking classes again because I love to learn! At least I don't have to write another 90 page thesis, but hopefully I will be publishing research with my company in the future!
We haven't really done anything super exciting while we have been out here because we have been so busy with work. I work every Saturday and Brett works every other Saturday, so it is hard to plan a little trip. My goal is to visit the beach soon. I don't even care if it will be cold. I just want to go. I'm also looking at training for another Half Ironman, but I'm not quite sure yet. My knees haven't fully recovered from my first Half Ironman. I'm going to see how my schooling plays out before I put anything in stone.
Brett and I will probably be around North Carolina for the next 5 years or so, due to schooling and work commitments, but we are very excited!
We miss everybody back in Utah, but we are very excited to go back and visit in October for Whitney's wedding! Yay!
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you are liking it back there and that you are getting a little bit of a break before starting school again. When will you be out here in October?
ReplyDelete