Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1EZLNEeyD Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16vJTeXhk

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finally, Some New Recipes!

It has been awhile since I have posted some recipes because I haven't cooked a lot lately. Moving, starting a new job, and starting school has kept me pretty busy lately. Here are some yummy recipes that Brett and I have had recently.

Korean Fried Chicken
3 ½ lbs chicken, cut up
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. sesame seed
8 T. cornstarch
1 egg, beaten
3 T. flour
4 T. sugar
5 T. soy sauce
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 stalks, green onion minced

Mix all ingredients in a bowl or airtight container that can be turned over without spilling (otherwise just stir often). Add chicken and marinate several hours or overnight mixing contents several times. At first the mixture will seem dry. Do not add any additional liquid. As the chicken soaks, it will become runnier. Coat the chicken well with batter and fry until brown on both sides. Place on cookie sheet lined with foil and bake 350 until done.

*I usually buy chicken that is already cut up. I bought a whole chicken once and breaking it apart was NOT a fun experience for me!

Sweet and Sour Pork

1 ½ lb. boneless pork ribs
3 Tbsp. oil
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 ½ c. water
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
2/3 c. vinegar
Fresh pineapple

Cut pork ribs into 1-inch pieces. Brown in oil. Add water and cook, covered, on low heat for 1 hour or until pork is tender. While ribs are steaming, prepare sweet and sour sauce: combine sugar, cornstarch, water, soy sauce, and vinegar. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Stir into pork and add pineapple. Serve with rice.

*For this recipe I use lemon juice instead of vinegar because I can't stand the smell of vinegar.

*Amanda (my sister) I pretty much follow these recipes exactly! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I was about to write "Now do you use ALL of the ingredients the recipes call for, or just half" when I saw your little comment for me at the bottom. :) Love it. I was actually going to make sweet and sour pork this week so I think I'll use this recipe!

    ReplyDelete