Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1EZLNEeyD Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16vJTeXhk

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Requests for Recipes

I have received a couple of requests this week to put another recipe on the blog. I honestly didn't think anybody ever looked at them and I'm sure most of you don't, but here is a couple of recipes for the ones who have requested.


Chicken Cordon Bleu
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 deli ham, thinly sliced
8 slices Swiss cheese (I usually use muenster cheese instead)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 tsp. parsley flakes

Flatten chicken breasts with a meat mallet. Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on top of flattened chicken. Roll chicken up and secure with toothpick. Whisk together eggs and milk. In a separate dish, blend corn flakes with seasonings. Dip chicken in egg mixture and roll in corn flakes. Place in greased baking pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

*This recipe is relatively easy. Don't worry, it doesn't need to look pretty. Mine usually doesn't.

Best-Ever Barbecued Ribs
CROCK-POT Slow Cooker Recipes

1 tsp. paprika or smoked paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried thyme
¼ tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
3 to 3 ½ pounds well-trimmed pork baby back ribs, cut into 4-rib pieces
¼ cup ketchup
2 T. packed dark brown sugar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. soy sauce

1. Coat CROCK-POT slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine paprika, salt, thyme, black pepper and red pepper; rub mixture onto meaty sides of ribs. Place ribs in CROCK-POT slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 3 to 3 ½ hours or until ribs are tender.

2. Combine ketchup, sugar, Worcestershire and soy sauce; mix well. Remove ribs from CROCK-POT slow cooker; discard cooking liquid. Coat ribs with sauce; return to CROCK-POT slow cooker and cook on HIGH 30 minutes, or until ribs are glazed.

*I made this one Sunday for Nathan and Brett and they both loved them.

Grilled Halibut with Tomato-Avocado Salsa
Betty Crocker
*I made this last week and it was super yummy. It is a great recipe for the spring time! Unfortunately, because of the price of fish, I made it with chicken. I still really liked it with chicken.

1 - 1/2 lb. halibut

Marinade
2 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP lemon or lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Tomato-Avocado Salsa
3 medium tomatoes, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 small jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp. lemon or lime juice
(I also added some spices)

Mix marinade ingredients in shallow glass or plastic dish. Add fish; turn to coat with marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
Heat gas or charcoal grill. Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade. Place fish on grill over medium heat. cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes, brushing 2 or 3 times with marinade and turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork. Discard any remaining marinade.
While fish is grilling, make Tomato-Avocado Salsa. Serve with fish.

*Toss some of the salsa with cooked linguine; top with the fish and the remaining salsa.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment