I think Mother's Day is such a wonderful holiday. Where would the world be without wonderful mothers? I seriously don't know where I would be without my mom. She is somebody I can always count on to make me feel better. When I first went to college at BYU, I was having a difficult time adjusting to college life and finding new friends. As most of you know, I am pretty shy until I get to know you. A couple of months into college, I got into a little car accident in a parking lot. I remember feeling so awful. I just went back to my dorm and hid under the covers. My mom called and told me that I needed to get out and meet some friends. I told her that I didn't feel like it because I ruined my car and I had too much homework. My mom told me that I better leave my dorm room that night or she was going to buy me a plane ticket and fly me home. She told me she didn't care about the car. She also didn't care about what grades I got in school, she just told me she didn't want me to fail. She went on and told me that college isn't just for learning. It is to have fun and make lifelong friends. That night I went out and made some of the best friends I have ever made. Also, before I was married, some of my roommates would ask me how I made certain recipes, like granola or banana bread, and I have to thank my mom for that. She taught me how to bake and cook. When I first moved into an apartment I would call my mom everyday to ask about certain recipes or to ask where certain foods were located in a grocery store. Kenny used to joke every time I called because he knew what I was calling to ask my mom about! My mom has also taught me how to help others and how to endure difficult times. I can honestly say that my mom is one of my best friends. I hope that some day I can be as good a mom that my mom has been for me.

Brett and I would also like to thank Gaye for all the love and support she has given us. We are so excited to go out to North Carolina this month for her wedding.

Brett and I are so lucky to have such wonderful mothers and examples.
Happy Mother's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment