Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1EZLNEeyD Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16vJTeXhk

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'll Be Home for Christmas...

but only in my dreams. This year, I am spending Christmas with Brett's family, while I am very excited, I am also sad that I will not be able to see my family. Here is my little sob story. Ever since I left South Dakota to go to college, I have completely taken advantage of going home to see my family. I always thought South Dakota was boring and that there was nothing there for me. I also thought that I had too much to do to go home. I needed to get all my schooling done, I needed to get a minor, I needed to get volunteer hours, I needed to work, I needed to do things to help my future. Now that I don't have as many opportunities to go home, I feel sad that I never took advantage of it before. I now realize why my mom would get frustrated with me for never going home or never staying home for very long, especially during Christmas. I just want to wish my family a very Merry Christmas! Here are some great past Christmas memories.






Even though I will not be spending this Christmas with my family, I am excited to start new traditions with my "new" family.




4 comments:

  1. Yay for new sister-in-laws and new families!!! I'm so excited for you and Brett to come out tomorrow! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are not getting to see your family, but I am going to be a little selfish and say YAY for us!!! We are excited to be able to spend the time with yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good memories. That first picture is so funny! haha Maybe something to make you feel better for not coming here this Christmas....it's a blizzard outside and we're all snowed in. Calli and I were disappointed that we missed good Christmas prime rib, but we got stuck trying to get out of town and there was no way we were making it to mom's in this weather. Maybe next year you can come and bring good weather with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Steph! I know that is a hard part about getting married. Hope your Christmas was beautiful anyway!

    Oh, and I love Santa's glasses :)

    ReplyDelete